Saturday, October 30, 2010

End of Unit Reflection


What did you learn?
 In Humanites this quarter I learned a lot of really interesting things. I learned about Historical Evidence and the Kinds of Sources and how archaeologists Evaluate Sources. I learned some really cool words like Dendrochronology and Stratigraphy. I learned about different kinds of movement like Cyclic movement and Periodic movement. I learned about how archaeologists learn form a dig and how they piece things together. When we did our little excavation in the High School, I learned about the steps of excavation. I learned about the Mystery of the Stonehenge and the Leakeys at Olduvai Gorge. All of the little things that I learned all added up to the Guiding Questions of the unit which really helped me understand everything on the test. 
What did you find most interesting? 
 Learning about the Leakeys was the most interesting for me, I thought it was awesome that they found such an amazing discovery. How long they searched and how they persevered for many years until they found what they were looking for amazed me.



What learning skills did you use and how?
In Humanities we did a lot of writing, for the Stonehenge Ancient mystery we wrote and essay, our notebooks required a lot of writing also. Communication is essential in Humanities, how else are you going to debate whether your theory is right?  For the Stonehenge Ancient Mystery we did researched a whole bunch about the different theories. Humanities requires analysis and interpretation, we did this by answering our Journal questions. How can learning about the past help us to understand the problems of today? That is an example of a question that we had to really think about when answering. Study skills is an important one, we use a notebook for studying for the test. That way we can keep the knowledge that we have learned from Ms. Moore's class.

What did you learn about yourself?
  I have learned that a lot of color and highlighting in a notebook makes it look really messy. I have learned to write neater and take time on my on my notes. When taking a test to not only go back and look at your answers, but to also look for any problems that you forgot to do. I have learned that Google DOCS is a great way to keep sites for bibliography.

No comments:

Post a Comment