Monday, April 11, 2011

Egyptian Art

Egyptian Art Representation:

For this piece of art work I decided to do a drawing of Hapi the Nile god. I wanted to represent how much the Nile gave to Egypt. It gave the fresh waters, the wonderful birds for food and the fresh fish. All of which helped shape an advanced civilization. However, when drawing I accidentally made Hapi brown instead of blue. Now I consider the piece that I drew a human ceremonial imitation of the God Hapi. Which in ancient Egypt was done a lot.
 I also drew the papyrus and the lotus in the picture because it had such an impact on ancient Egypt. The lotus was the plant that signified Hapi, and the papyrus was made into paper used by ancient Egyptian scrolls. This is a piece of writing that I think would be on the wall of an ancient Egyptian's tomb because the Nile represents life.

No comments:

Post a Comment